I got my nappy bag made! Most excited. After a very shaky start, I spent a day sewing and was able to get it made close to a standard I'm happy with. I decided to go with a different fabric, as the recycled curtains were a little too soiled for my liking, even after a thorough wash. And this apple fabric ties in nicely with the colours in my baby blanket.
I did my first ever raw edge applique, which felt very naughty and lazy... in fact it was borne of sheer laziness... I would have had to get out my machine to do a zig-zag edge. As it was I made the whole thing on the industrial machine. Too easy. And in my defense, the Bernina is feeling so much heavier at 37 weeks pregnant!
I used the stripey lining that was intended for the original bag, and the interior is full of nice roomy pockets. And the bag itself is now full of clothes and nappies, all ready for the trip to hospital.
To complete the bag I also made a change mat which rolls up and fits nicely inside. My first ever attempt at quilting layers of fabric... I don't think I did too badly, although my inner perfectionist says otherwise! Still, overall I'm quite pleased with the result of a couple of days of sewing. Now to finish my blanket...
Much more creativeness to be found here.




so many gorgeous projects. Love the booties, love the nappy bag and LOVE the baby blanket. Good luck with the arrival of baby
ReplyDeleteOh i love it :-) So roomy for all sorts to fit in :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments guys! Glad you like... :)
ReplyDelete