apologies for the bad photography...
Finally, I have finished the booties I started in June! Now to put ribbons in them...
They look quite small, so I don't know how long they'll be worn for, but I feel better for having finished at least one item of clothing for the Bean.
I've been tackling the nappy bag today, but it has ended in a flood of tears... I've had one of the worst sewing days of my life today. I'm ashamed to admit I ever sewed for a living. I did more unpicking than sewing, and managed to get the underneath fabric caught in stitching not once, not twice, but three times in a row on the same part of the bag. Even the bits I managed not to mess up look pretty shoddy by my usual standards, so I've given up for the day. I'm blaming baby brain and lack of decent sleep. Everyone tells you to get as much sleep as possible before the baby comes, but they don't tell you how to get comfortable when you have a watermelon strapped to your front, your back aches and your bladder wakes you every other hour... *sigh*
On a happier note, I received my latest wool order from Bendigo Woollen Mills, which means I can now finish my baby blanket, yay! Time to crash in front of the tv with my crochet hook, methinks, and ignore the carpal tunnel syndrome and general feeling crappy-ness.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and to say hello!