Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Creative Space


I've finished my elephant curtains for the baby's room, yay!  I'm mostly happy with them... just a few things I would do differently if I did them again.  Still, I think this is the first time I've ever made proper curtains, so I didn't do too badly I guess!  I tried to make them non-gender specific... do you think I succeeded?



My baby blanket squares are also finished... and are all ready to be sewn up.  We're having a last 'baby free' weekend away this weekend, and I plan to sit in front of the log fire (which our destination's website has promised us) and do nothing but finish my blanket.  Can't wait.



With seven weeks to go (give or take according to the baby's own schedule) I've gone into baby project overdrive.  I've had to stop making shoes (for various pregnancy related reasons... boo) and have thrown myself into a long list of 'things to make' for the Bean.  These range from finishing a pair of crocheted booties (I completed the first one months ago) to making sheets for a bassinette we bought on eBay.  I also want to make a fly screen for the baby room window... I made one for my studio not long ago, and was pleasantly surprised by how well it turned out!   I think I may have once again bitten off more than I can chew however... especially since I've been getting pins and needles/cramping in my hands for a while, and it's getting worse, to the point where I can't hold a pen for long, let alone a crochet hook!  Has anyone else experienced this badly in pregnancy?   How did you deal with it?  It's most frustrating, and some days I try to ignore it but that usually ends in tears.  Literally.  Maybe I'll just add it to the increasing list of ways my body's telling me to slow down and take it easy in these last few weeks of baby free life.

Oooo, a very baby obsessed post, but I can be forgiven when it's so close now, can't I?

Some fabulously creative people can be found here.

9 comments:

  1. oh your cutains are just perfect! i am going to feature them on my blgo tomorrow in my creative space roundup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks heaps! I'll be sure to pop along and have a look at what else you've found...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your curtains are absoultely gorgeous - beautiful work!

    Love your crochet too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY MY all that work in that beautiful blanket! I love it. Best wishes with your coming baby arrival :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I came here from Rainbow Childs blog when I saw the curtains, they are just perfect, I love them. Thanks so much for sharing them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys, always great to get such lovely feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable curtains and am only to happy to share others baby related joys now mine are bigger, those days of planning and dreaming were lovely. Hope your weekend away was great and your wrist/hand pains have settled down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww... just stumbled upon your blog and loving your elephant curtain!! what a good idea!! :) THANKS FOR SHARING!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and to say hello!