Once I'd had my rant I was pretty much over it... and the next day Fudge came home after two weeks away so it was very difficult to stay cranky! Thanks so much to Steve, Emma and Elise for your wise and lovely words, they were much appreciated.
The Friday just gone was every bit as much of a shoe day as I'd hoped for. The Bean had a rough night (I think I got three hours sleep... not consecutively) so I was a bit hesitant to start soling my two pairs of shoes that are almost finished - too much machinery operation required.
Instead I worked on some patterns for my tap shoe designs, and whipped up a pair of little leather booties for the Bean. Whilst not strictly 'work', they still got my head into the shoe zone and were about all my sleep deprived brain could handle.
Here's a bit of a montage of the making process, and them being modelled by a very obliging Bean...
(apologies for slightly dodgy mobile phone photography)
I'm really looking forward to this Friday (as opposed to dreading another day wasted) - I have big plans, and while they may not all come to fruition, it's so nice to be having shoe time again. Yay for Aunties!
Cutest booties EVER!
ReplyDeleteMax's Cousins (sisters) are both pregnant! A month apart... Sound Familiar :)
So I'm thinking of getting all crafty and making them something... I was thinking booties & now I have seen yours, you have inspired me!
x
p.s Glad your feeling better!