Sunday, February 20, 2011

Quiet Moments...

I went back to tap class three weeks ago after almost a year long break... and have been re-inspired.  I've been taking advantage of the Bean's day time sleeps, whatever time frame they may last, to work on my tap shoe range.  Here's a taste of what I'd come up with design-wise so far...




I'm getting very excited by it all, and have even been working on a business plan, without squirming with boredom and frustration.  I've made basic patterns and mock ups for most of the designs above already (they are variations on the same style anyway, except the bottom right which I've already made) - there's just a little bit of tweaking required now.  I'd like to do a few closed shoe designs too, but am waiting until I get these finalised.  It's still going to be a lengthy process to get the whole thing off the ground, but it's nice to feel I'm making progress, however slowly.  Hopefully I'll have more to show before another year passes...

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you're up and running again and starting to see the 'big picture' plan for your business.

    I like your illustrations, they're nice and clear, which i've mentioned before that I think is better than anything too stylised and unrealistically whimsical!

    Good luck with it all and keep us posted on how the business side of it is going too... that part is always less glamorous yet equally important/time consuming.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and to say hello!