So. It has been over two months since my lovely, kind and generous Aunt has been minding the Bean on Fridays so I can 'work'... and have we seen any advancement in the shoe making department? No, we have not.
I've managed to last the Camille shoes, and attach randing to the Ellie shoes... both of which were done one Saturday afternoon months ago when Fudge took the Bean out for a few hours. Not even a designated 'work' day. I'm always too tired/too busy catching up on housework (yippee)/too preoccupied with some sewing or crochet project which just seems SO much more important at the time/too blah blah blah...
And then I have the audacity to get upset when everyone else (well, one or two or three others) are going great guns with getting their shoe making/various other assorted ventures off the ground and I feel like I'm getting left behind. I know, I know, I have a small (and rather full on) child, 'it's not easy', 'period of adjustment', and so on and so forth... but is this, or it it not, my dream? I should be pulling out all the stops to make it happen, not hiding behind mountains of pint-sized laundry and endless cloth nappy prototypes (I'm on number five - just can't make/find one which doesn't leak... the Bean is a wee machine).
I've given myself a kick up the bum (mentally, it's kinda physically impossible...), and have decided that laundry, nappies, crocheted jackets and their friends will just have to squeeze themselves in elsewhere (ha), because my one day a week will now be dedicated solely (tee hee) to shoes.
Starting next week of course. Today I'm cleaning the house, as tomorrow Fudge comes home from a two week work trip.
Sigh.
Hey Janine, just thought i'd chime in to let you know that you'll be a-ok, you have plenty of time!
ReplyDeleteDani and I really only have the chance to sink all of our time and cash into a big venture because we dont have kids yet... they're on the cards for sure and I'm 100% sure our whole "we do everything all the time" craft lives will grind to a massive halt when the stork arrives.
Try not to get too bummed out about it, you have the skills to make shoes and you wont forget them any time soon, you have a happy healthy bean and yeeeeears ahead of you to launch Julip in all its intended glory!
We'll see you in the studio soon I hope, and if you want spend one of your free fridays a month visiting us and easing back into 'the scene' you're more than welcome. We'd love to have you..
Steve
ps. i'm useless with nappies, so i cant offer advice there. Most of my 'solutions' involve glue and masking tape... not that appropriate for babies.
Darling I hear you! It can be so depressing, I try not to dwell on my lack of creativity, lest I get into a deep funk of despair.
ReplyDeleteI do say to myself over and over, that Hazel is only going to be little for a short period of time, whereas I have the rest of my life to make shoes. It helps.
I do know of some Mums who have continued their creative output, but they have either got oodles of help in the grandparent department, or they stay up all night, neither of which are an option for me.
We should get our beans together for a playdate, let me know if you are keen.
Chin up! xxx
Beautiful Neen... You are amazingly talented at being a mumsie and at all your creative endevours!
ReplyDeleteMulti-tasking is what us girlies are good at... you will find a rhythm soon and everything will fall into place!
Until then, cherish this time with little miss bean, because before you know it she will be my age! ARGH!
If you ever need someone to come over to watch bumpkin bean while you create, clean, wash, sleep! just gimme a bell!
xox