Saturday, January 30, 2010

Very Overdue Update...

As is the case with most people the Christmas/New Year period has been slightly mental for me, and I'm only just now managing to think about shoes again.  It doesn't help that I am not sure where I will be able to make shoes this year - I don't have all the equipment I need at home, and it looks as though the workshop where I studied, which in the past has been open for ex-student use, will not be available this year.  Yay, TAFE politics.  Anyway, I've managed to do a little bit with my limited resources, and am currently hunting down alternative workspaces!

Here is a glimpse of what I've been doing...

Silk Wedge

 

This is the mock-up all lasted up...  it fits me (yay!) but some of the silk panels didn't particularly enjoy being lasted, so I'm going to do a second round mock-up and try another way of cutting out the silk.  Oh and I need to decide what to do for the wedge... as cute as the candle heel looks I don't think it'll be terribly practical.




I've lasted the Ellie shoes and now need to sole them.  I've yet to decide what sort of sole/heel to put on them, and can't really do it at home anyway, so they're patiently waiting to be finished. 


Camille Oxfords


 

This is a new project... just a basic pair of flats for myself.  They're made from scraps of leather found at school.  I love the texture contrast... hopefully they'll look great once made up!


Tap Shoes

Last but not least I've been working on patterns/mock-ups for FOUR new tap shoe designs!  I'm pretty excited by them and can't wait until they're ready to show off.  Very soon now...