so close...
My baby blanket is still coming along much faster than I had anticipated... in fact, I only have 12 squares to complete before I can begin sewing it all together. Very exciting!
...a work in progress...
Not wanting to abandon shoemaking altogether I've been plodding along attempting to make myself some ankle boots (to hide my swollen pregnancy ankles... although it's looking unlikely they'll be finished before the Bean is born). The opening in the first attempt was a little narrow to squeeze my bloated feet through, so I've cut out a second mock up with a wider foot entry.
...yet another work in progress...
I've been applique-ing elephants in all different fabrics to a strip of calico which I'm hoping will eventually become part of curtains for the nursery. It was way too much work/effort for curtains, but I can't seem to have simple ideas... still, I'm happy with the way they are looking and am waiting until I have the energy to deal with metres of fabric before tackling the rest of the project.
...and new toys!
Lucky last, I've been setting up a space in our garage for all the messy bits involved in shoemaking... and I got to go on a shopping spree at the hardware store for the few remaining tools I needed to make the process easier (yay for unexpected windfalls... this time in the guise of a long forgotten Medicare rebate!). The sander was the most crucial... now I should be able to shape soles and heels much more effectively which hopefully means the pairs of lasted, unsoled uppers sitting in my studio will finally become finished shoes!
Happy days...
For some most excellent creativity visit kootoyoo.




You have chosen such lovely colours for the baby blanket, can't wait to see how it turns out! And making your own shoes! Now that is impressive. Love it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruby Star! I'm quite pleased with the colours myself... and I also can't wait to see how it turns out!
ReplyDelete