Saturday, September 7, 2013

Miss Julie's Shoes

Another pair finished, and another happy customer!

Miss Julie's shoes cut out

Miss Julie was in the very first class I joined at my tap school... she is an extremely lovely lady, and I was very pleased to finally be able to make some shoes for her... she's been waiting for a very long time!

almost there...

Miss Julie was a huge inspiration for me and my shoes... she had a style of shoe I'd not really seen around much, and she'd tied them with ribbons... they looked so gorgeous I desperately wanted a pair!  The year after I started tap was the year I did my shoemaking course, and the rest, as they say, is history.

finished!

Oh, and I don't think I've mentioned before that each pair of my shoes comes with its own special bag, which I customise to suit the shoes. 


The bags are lined with a black flannelette... nice and soft to protect the leather, and black to hide the marks the taps will make on it! 


They are also sewn down the middle to stop the taps marking the other shoe.  


So Miss Julie, enjoy your shoes, and thank you so much for your inspiration!

happy feet...

2 comments:

  1. Your shoe bags are amazing! A separate section for each shoe = genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I did think it was rather a good idea... ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and to say hello!