Sunday, August 18, 2013

Samples, samples and more samples

So I finally got these samples finished...
And then started on and finished another lot...


And now I almost have samples in a size range for two different styles of last!  That's nine samples out of twelve... and I've got two more pairs half sewn/cut out.  It's feels great to be almost finished with the samples... it's been a much longer process than I'd hoped it would be.

But I'm very glad I've taken the time to make samples for people to try on...  so far I've only had one customer (out of eleven) whose feet didn't really suit the shape of my shoes... but they still fit her, and it will save a lot of time measuring feet and guess work/fit testing in the future.  Not sure what I'll do if I ever expand to sell online.  I guess I'll cross that bridge if and when I come to it!

I've got five orders on the go at the moment, all in various stages of beginning...  sneaky peeks soon.

1 comment:

  1. looking fab.
    9 out of 12 = finishing line in sight. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and to say hello!