Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tap Day

Tap DANCING day, that is...
May 25th is International Tap Dancing Day.  To celebrate, on Sunday 27th my tap school, among other things, is tapping/marching through the streets of Melbourne in our signature 'spotty dresses', and then performing at Federation Square at noon.

Tap Day 2008

I didn't go last year (post baby body and spotty dress were not on speaking terms), and as I'm still recovering from a nasty something-or-other that I've had, I doubt I'll participate in the march o'glamour this year... but I'll be on the stage for sure!

Tap Day 2009

It is rare that I get to do anything crafty just for fun these days.  But recently I thought why not?  I'm already so far behind with my tap shoe work for various reasons (apologies ladies), I decided to make something just because I felt like it.


So I made the Bean her very own mini 'spotty dress'.

And her very own baby 'Miss Ruby' tap shoes (the smallest toe taps I could buy were still too big and ruin the effect somewhat, but no biggie, they'll fit her shoes in another year or five...)




She's already had a go in the shoes... and I'm guessing the protest when I took them off meant they were a success.  There will be photos after Sunday!  Come along if you're in the area... Markit, the fabulous design market is also on at Fed Square on Sunday, if you need more of a reason to venture out than 200+ spottily dressed tap dancers roaming the streets.

Playing along...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming to visit me at my blog and for your kind comment. I love your shoes. Those Miss Ruby shoes are just adorable. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and to say hello!