I recently decided I'd like to make my baby a blanket, so I had my mum re-teach me to crochet. She taught me a few years ago, but as I didn't have a specific project in mind I gave up pretty quickly and promptly forgot how to do it. My mum is a fantastic knitter and crocheter, and is currently knitting me a fabulously chunky winter jacket to accommodate and keep warm my growing baby bump.
Anyway, above are some of my first practise attempts at some granny squares in some random colours I had lying around. I've been experimenting with different sized hooks which is why some are different sizes. The circular pattern is one my mum made up - I think it's awesome, and am considering doing either the entire blanket in them, or a combination of the traditional pattern and my mum's.
I bought this yarn to start making the blanket, but I really had something a bit different in mind, so I may start again. In the meantime, I've become slightly crochet obsessed, and have been playing with all different colour combinations. Photos shortly!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and to say hello!