I've been busy making baby booties as lots of our friends are having babies these days. To be honest it's about all I've been managing in the shoe department, as I'm expecting a baby myself! I've been finding the glue fumes a little too much to handle, not to mention I've been completely exhausted... these little tackers are great to make as they are completely hand sewn (which I can do on the sofa in front of the tv... bliss!)
They are made from leather - on the two closed booties I used a beautifully soft wool batting as a lining, while the red ones are lined in a gorgeously smooth sheep leather. I've used a thicker leather on the sole to help them keep their shape. They are pretty time consuming, but fun to make. I'm currently working on some miniature (fake) tap shoes for a couple of tap friends who've also just had babies. Too much fun!
I'm into my fourth month and have been feeling better every day, so am hoping to resume adult sized shoemaking in the not too distant future...

