The purpose of this blog is to do that, and to document my progress as while I get my range/label/business together.
So, a bit about me... I have a varied background in the arts having studied Dance/Drama, Fashion and Industrial Design, plus a few other things here and there. Oh and currently shoemaking! I'm about to finish my course at RMIT. We have an exhibition coming up in a couple of weeks... more on that later.
I worked as a footwear designer for a few years, but left to hone my skills in the clothing industry, via TAFE. I've sewn and made patterns for many many years, but being largely self taught, wanted to get some accreditation and make sure I was doing things correctly. I was, so I left! I've dabbled in accessories, having a small, sporadic, ever-evolving label since 2001. Currently I'm working as a pattern maker and sample machinist for Melbourne label Gaye Abandon's clothing line, but that's about to wind up as the year goes into crazy mode. I've spent several years attempting to get together my own clothing range, but the motivation was lacking... so I went back to shoes and couldn't be happier!
I'll be posting lots of photos of works in progress and ideas, any feedback is more than welcome!
So, a bit about me... I have a varied background in the arts having studied Dance/Drama, Fashion and Industrial Design, plus a few other things here and there. Oh and currently shoemaking! I'm about to finish my course at RMIT. We have an exhibition coming up in a couple of weeks... more on that later.
I worked as a footwear designer for a few years, but left to hone my skills in the clothing industry, via TAFE. I've sewn and made patterns for many many years, but being largely self taught, wanted to get some accreditation and make sure I was doing things correctly. I was, so I left! I've dabbled in accessories, having a small, sporadic, ever-evolving label since 2001. Currently I'm working as a pattern maker and sample machinist for Melbourne label Gaye Abandon's clothing line, but that's about to wind up as the year goes into crazy mode. I've spent several years attempting to get together my own clothing range, but the motivation was lacking... so I went back to shoes and couldn't be happier!
I'll be posting lots of photos of works in progress and ideas, any feedback is more than welcome!