Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Long time no blog

So what's been happening?

I've made two pairs of shoes which are now with their (very happy) new owners...




...and I have a bunch of fitting samples waiting for soles and heels. 

I'm thinking maybe soles and heels aren't my favourite bit... I seem to be dragging my feet rather badly... but perhaps it's more that I've been going a bit too hard with the working... I kinda feel since I only have two days a week I have to pack as much in as possible which sorta backfires when I wear myself out.

And I've been doing other stuff... like trying to get my corner of the garage sorted into a more efficient workspace, part of which involved some handy work with a staple gun, gaffer tape and 9m of clear tablecloth vinyl to make a 'sanding booth', so I stop coating the entire garage in a fine layer of dust every time I use the sander.  It has helped a lot, but dust is a bugger, and is still finding its way out.  I've also made a 'dust extractor' using a vacuum cleaner and a discarded plastic fireman's hat (thanks Beany baby) which helps a little.

I've also finding small pockets of time to do some sewing of the non-shoe kind... a couple of simple tunic dresses for the Bean, and the beginnings of a top for me.


A little bit of crochet here and there... and I might actually finish this Bean poncho and scarf for me in time for winter!


I'm not gonna promise more regular updates... every time I do I never keep it, so we'll just see what happens... :)

1 comment:

  1. I think your collection of shoes awaiting soles and heels are having a good old gossip session in the corner there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and to say hello!