Guess I lost the bloggy mojo there for a bit... hoping to get it back and post a little more regularly now that life has settled down a notch - my tap concert (and related craziness) is over for another year. Not sure whether I'm more relieved or sad!
There were five of us (yes, five) wearing my tap shoes in the concert... in the last four months I finished three more pairs. Introducing...
Miss Jane's 'Miss Eleanor' shoes...
Miss Chris' 'Miss Ann' shoes...
a little demo by Miss Chris
and Miss T's 'Miss Debbie' shoes...
It's feeling so fantastic to finally be doing this for real... even if progress is still a tad on the slow side. I've decided not to take any more orders until February so that I can spend the next two and a bit months finalising all my patterns and try on samples, so that hopefully, when I start again, things will be a little more streamlined and I can make more shoes in less time! I had so much interest from fellow tappers over the concert weekend I'm actually a little scared... it's still just me, only two days a week... but it's also very encouraging. Looking forward to getting stuck into it all!
I've also launched a facebook page; if you want to check it out you can find it here.



Hello! I'm new to your blog and I just wanted to say OH MY GOODNESS YOUR TAP SHOES ARE WONDERFUL!! I think Miss Eleanor is my favourite.
ReplyDeleteI used to tap as a kid and when I decided I wanted to make shoes I always thought I'd make myself a pair of tap shoes but by the time I became a shoemaker I'd stopped tap dancing, so I never did!
Your shoes are making me miss tap dancing! (and shoemaking - I'm on baby wrangling duties at the moment!)
I'm looking forward to your next installment!
Hi Emily!
DeleteThanks so much for your lovely comments, it's always nice to get positive feedback, and especially from a fellow shoe maker! Just quietly I think Miss Eleanor is my favourite too...
It's never too late to pick it up again! I didn't start tapping until later in life (although I did other styles as a kid) and I LOVE it... wish I'd had the opportunity to learn when I was younger.
Hope the baby wrangling is all going well... congratulations! I hope it's not been too much of an adjustment, and you're loving being a mum. My Bean is my number one excuse for not blogging more regularly, but I think it's more that I've lost the love for it... although comments like yours remind me how great the blogging community can be! I'll try to post something soon...
Janine x